How to setup the Agent
Posted by Mart Liu | Co-founder & CTO at ObserveAny on May 10, 2023
Subscribing and Creating Subscription Instances from AWS
You can subscribe to ObserveAny by searching for it in the AWS Marketplace. After subscribing, you will be prompted to redirect to ObserveAny for login or registration. Upon successful login or registration, you will see the Dashboard and proceed with creating a subscription instance.
Here are the steps to set up:
- Search for ObserveAny in the AWS Marketplace.
- Subscribe to ObserveAny.
- Log in or register for an ObserveAny account.
- Create a subscription instance.
Preparations for Setup
To ensure a smooth setup process, please prepare the following items:
- Text editor.
- Agent software package.
- Namespace of the subscription instance.
- Token of the subscription instance.
- gRPC address of the subscription instance.
Getting Started with Java Agent Configuration
- Download the Java Agent software package. If you haven't downloaded it yet, click Download to start.
- Extract the downloaded Java Agent package and open the
config/agent.configfile with a text editor.
- Modify the
agent.service_namein the file to the name of your current project.
agent.namespaceto the namespace of the subscription instance.
agent.authenticationwith the token of the subscription instance.
collector.backend_serviceto the gRPC address of the subscription instance.
agent.force_tlsto "true" to enable TLS data transmission.
Configuring Your Java Application
-javaagent option to the startup command of your Java application.
java -javaagent:/skywalking-agent/skywalking-agent.jar -jar your-application-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
At this point, all the configurations are complete. Click
Console on the service instance operation button in the Dashboard and open the
Good luck :)